Friday 26 August 2011

Rain, rain, go away!!

Happy Friday everyone!

It's raining in London, been like this for the last few days now. So much for the barbecue summer. I am reluctant to go out in the rain, mostly because my crutch slips and I always end up falling spectacularly. One time I wore white when it rained, I fell and the kind woman who helped me up wore white too! At first I thanked her for her kindness but declined her help because I didn't want to get her top all dirty. But she insisted. Bless her. Just as well I didn't have far to go until I got home as I was covered in mud water, along with a few cuts.

Some people can be so nice. They would literally go out of their way to help you. I would hope that I am one of those people. Manners are so hard to come by these days. I am lucky if I am offered a seat on the tube or the bus. One time I had an elderly woman offering me her seat on a packed bus. Of course I couldn't take the seat off her. Then the woman sat next to her begrudgingly gave me her seat.

A good friend of mine once told me that I should've just asked people for their seats as most of the time they probably just didn't see me. I am not so sure. Yes, some people are that engrossed by their books, music or conversations sometimes that they are blind. But more of these people choose not to see me, as their guilty faces coyly turn away.

Ignorance some may say.

So now, I choose not to go out in the rain. And I definitely avoid rush hours and busy places like a plague.




1 comment:

Performing Monkey said...

There's not been any rain for a while!