Thursday 25 December 2008

All I want for Christmas...

I hate Christmas.

Coming from an Asian background, we never really celebrated Christmas when I was a kid. And as I grew up and started not going back to Hong Kong for the holidays, I would spend Christmas with my friends' families, depending on who wouldn't mind being intruded that Christmas. Don't get me wrong, I was always made very welcome and loved, and I always had a great time. But then you always had that niggling feeling in your mind thinking that you didn't really belong there because you are not family.

This year, I chose not to celebrate it at all and be a complete bahumbug. I got numerous cards still though and presents from my boyfriend and one from his parents, which was nice. I hope they are having a lovely time. I chose not to go up to his parents' with him. I just wanted some time on my own. My parents are with my brother and his wife. I was half tempted to go to his yesterday, but a bad fall and twisted ankle made my mind up. I am alone, on Christmas day, with a bloody sore ankle.

.

No comments: